Training and Education
Progression and extension of multidisciplinary training now forms a large part of the strategic elaboration of NPIMR and the progression route for NPIMR’s business.
Some new courses (head and neck laser, percutaneous tracheostomy, live endovascular) are now established and recognised as high-quality, unique in the UK, popular courses.
NPIMR is committed to expanding its internationally supported training systems and courses and to developing a new era of training modes and capabilities to service future generations of surgeons and associated medical workers.
We are in active discussions with the Royal College of Surgeons of England as to the level of collaboration and support we can mutually exploit to advance these training schemes. The Royal Society of Medicine has given their written support to the venture and supplies CPD points for our live endovascular courses.
Plans to develop a National Training Centre at our Northwick Park base are well advanced and this is regarded as a uniquely important step in developing training courses which allow surgeons and associated medical workers to meet the demands of an increasingly complex healthcare environment.
Companies wishing to sponsor any course and showcase their products please contact NPIMR’s main office either by phone on +44 (0) 208 869 3265 or email email@example.com and ask to talk to either our Director Professor Paul Sibbons or Business Manager Mr Paul Betts.
- The practical modules and research projects for the intercalacted BSc in Surgical Sciences run by UCL as a national service for medical undergraduates.
- The Clinical Skills Laboratory for Imperial College medical undergraduates doing their clinical attachments at Northwick Park.
- International microsurgical courses for 6 weeks each year, each attended by up to 16 surgeons, attracted from a global constituency of plastic, vascular and reconstructive surgeons.
- General surgical skills module incorporating basic skills, endoscopy, laparoscopy, NOTES, vascular and bowel anastomoses.
- Research training for clinicians (MD) and scientists (BSc, MPhil, MSc and PhD degrees) for registrants, for example, in UCL, Brunel, Sheffield, Cambridge, Oxford, Bristol, Dundee, Edinburgh and Brighton as well as international registrants from Ukraine, Iran, Palestine, Jordan, Nigeria, Russia, Germany & Brazil.
Further information regarding our variety of services can be found here on our website, alternatively, please feel free to contact us using the form below, or by calling our office on 020 8869 3265.